Monday, December 10, 2012

Taking Care Of Yourself

My mother called me this morning. She is pretty much of a shut in now due to medical issues, and she was fretting about Christmas gifts. She wanted me to get a doll for for my grand daughter, and then she said, "Oh and you and your husband should go out somewhere and have a nice big meal on me!"

After hanging up I started to think of all the places I love going to because I can get things like fried clams, or steaks and fries or even the juiciest hamburger with fries. Not to mention the wonderful desserts!

I walked out into the kitchen to make breakfast and literally took a few steps when it hit me..."That is old thinking! That is unhealthy thinking! I do not need to go there!"

Over breakfast I thought about what I would do. She is sending cash, and I can basically do what I want. Here is what I have planned.

On New Years Eve I am going to buy 2 nice Lobsters. I will bring them home, bake two nice potatoes, and steam asparagus, and happily ring in the New Year!

Another revelation was that Mom is the one who is always telling me that I am a St. Bernard! That I will never be thin. Then she gives me gifts guaranteed to make me gain weight.

I can take control of my life and my eating, and do it with a smile!

1 Comments:

At December 10, 2012 at 10:13 AM , Blogger Janet said...

well done, my lovely cousin!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home