Friday, November 30, 2012

Whaaat?

When I got up on day three, I tore off my night gown and raced to the bathroom to weigh myself! Surely after all the sacrifice I had made over the last two days, I would be rewarded with a substantial weight loss!

Well, this is real life, so if you guessed that the scale looked the same, you would be correct. I quickly re-dressed (baby, it's cold up here!) and trudged out to the kitchen. I grabbed my coffee, and sat down to plan my day, food wise.

Since Hubby was off with his friends, I had the morning alone. I made up cheerios, skim milk and a banana for breakfast, and then planned the rest of the day.

That was when I started to have a dialog with myself about successful weight loss, and being conscience  of having reasonable expectations so that I didn't make myself feel bad.

I am my own worst enemy with my eating. In fact, even when I reached my goal weight three years ago, I did not have the right attitude. I told myself things like "Yeah, you did it now, but you'll gain it all back!"

Self talk is so important. Good positive self talk. So this time I am trying to be aware of how I'm feeling and what I am thinking throughout my day.

And one things for sure. It won't come off overnight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home