Thursday, September 3, 2009

Yes, You Can!

When I first began WW a year and a half ago, I started with the idea of "I can't have this" or "I can't have that" anymore. I really had quite a defeatist attitude. It was what had kept me not eating healthfully before and had gotten me to the weight I had gotten to.

Now, there I was, weighing more than I ever had, and feeling more unhappy about it. Especially when, having taken the vacation of a lifetime, I came home with pictures of this stranger I had become.

I started out thinking that I needed to just do it. You know start the plan and then never eat again!

Then I began to open my mind (and my ears) and listen to what was being said at the meetings. I realized that I could eat anything I wanted....as long as I used portion control.

There are certain foods I have to stay away from because no amount of portion control keeps me from wanting more. My biggest "red light" food...Chocolate. I haven't met a piece yet that hasn't been calling my name, and once I start eating it, I just can't stop!

I have learned to substitute things like a portion controlled size of the WW candy, or frozen treats, but I do not bake cakes or brownies anymore because the entire pan would be gone.

I have learned to enjoy my vegetables and fruits. I've also learned to try new things and surprising to me is that I really like Haddock! Something that 5 years ago, I would have told you I disliked.

So, if you are sitting there saying to yourself, "No I can't" I want you to stop and remember, with portion control and a little imagination, "yes you can!"

Labels:

1 Comments:

At September 9, 2009 at 8:20 PM , Blogger wwldrpam said...

Yup we really are ALL in the same BOAT. i think most of us WW members can "ditto" all your words.
Thanks for sharing, Truly.
~wwldrPam

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home