Monday, August 24, 2009

Just Say No!

Monday was one of those days that I know you can all relate to. A friend I don't see often called and wanted to get together for coffee.

As many of you know, most places that serve coffee also serve other yummy things, that definitely wouldn't look good on me next week. I was quite stressed about this. What would I do? How could I get through without my usual, "Oh this is a special occasion", and then order something that is totally not on my eating plan right now.

It wasn't that I really needed or wanted anything. I'd had a good lunch and I wasn't hungry. Still, all I could think of was the "treat".

My friend called again, later in the morning and I asked her where we should meet up, but before I could even let her answer, I asked her if the book store would be okay?

We met there and although her son was with her and he was hungry, I was able to "just say no", when the conversation turned to food. In fact, I ended up walking all around the docks with them and getting some unexpected exercise.

After the little visit, I realized that I had taken control and I was very happy with myself. It's not always easy, and yes, I do blow it from time to time. However, I feel so much better today than if I had eaten something just for the sake of "celebration"!

What do you do in a similar situation? Are you able to just say no or do you have little tricks that help you stay strong?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home