Sunday, August 23, 2009

FIBER ONE MUFFINS

Here it is. The original recipe.

FIBER ONE MUFFINS

2 pts in 6 muffins and 1 pt in 12 muffins.

Ingredients
3 c. Fiber One Cereal
1 c. Skim Milk
1/2 c. Brown sugar, packed (Can use Splenda Brown Sugar)
4 oz Eggbeaters = 2 eggs
2/3 c. Applesauce, no sugar added
2/3 c. Raisins, optional (Add points for raisins)
1/2 c. Oatmeal, any kind, I use old fashioned
1 tsp. Baking soda
1 tsp. Cinnamon + 1 tsp Nutmeg (I use 1-2 tsp pumpkin spice)
1 c. Whole Wheat flour

Preparation
Mix cereal and milk in mixing bowl and let soak. Add sugar, eggs, oatmeal. Add baking soda, applesauce, raisins and flour.
Stir well. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray. Do not use paper muffin liners.Fill muffin tins full with batter (they do not rise much. Bake in preheated oven of 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes. Makes 12-15 muffins. Eat immediately or freeze for later. Freezes well.

NI: Calories 141; Total Fat 1.5; Fiber 7.5


Put in any spices you like! I’ve also made them with nutmeg and vanilla, yum!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At August 24, 2009 at 8:22 PM , Blogger wwldrpam said...

These are sooo Good. Thanks for reminding me. It's been a while since I've made these. For me....they must go in the freezer or to a friends house. As you know any combination of flour,sugar and eggs is my real drug of choice!!
Yup tis me, fearless leader ~WWPam

 
At August 25, 2009 at 8:56 PM , Blogger Janet said...

Oh, these remind me of when I first started WW! Thank you for inspiring me, for providing this recipe, for just being you :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home