Tuesday, August 25, 2009

My Meetings

During the last year and a half that I have been on WW, I have learned a few little things I want to pass along. I hope it will help you in your journey.

For me, meetings are probably at the top of the list for helping me to stay on an even keel. What's so important about the meeting, you might ask?

There are several parts that make my Wednesday Morning Meeting the most important thing in the world to me. In fact, I do not schedule anything for Wednesday mornings! That is MY time.

Going in and weighing in, keeps me honest. It is so easy to be at home and say to yourself, "Well, next week I'll be so good and get this weight off", but the next week never comes and the weight loss never comes either. By weighing in, I feel I am holding myself accountable, at least one day a week.

The second thing that truly surprised me was, the camaraderie I feel with the men and women in my group. In fact several of us get together before the meeting, after we have weighed in, and share our victories and our sorrows while we have our breakfast. These people have helped me, kept me strong and I hope in turn, that I have helped them too.

Our Leader and the staff at the meetings are so knowledgeable. They know what we are all feeling and going through. They have been there, and they are still walking the walk with all of us.

Even though I reached my goal, I found that I got a little cocky and gained back some of the weight. Not too much. But enough that I had to get tough with myself and get back to basics. You see, not weighing in, missing a few meeting, I had started to eat and then tell myself that during the next week, I would be VERY good. It just doesn't work that way. I was very good at kidding myself. Sop back to the meeting I went!

I've decided that I will always be a WW. I love to cook, I love to eat and most of all I love to eat what I cook. Truly a dangerous combination.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At August 26, 2009 at 8:26 PM , Blogger wwldrpam said...

So well Put MB. Yup I will be a "Meeting Maker" forever. If I am not working for WW I will be sitting with the Breakfast Club and of course have my DD Coffee and maybe a WW apple/cinnamon bar.
WE are all so lucky to have found this group.
*The Magic is in the Meetings*
Thank You MB for All You Do.
Your Fearless leader~Pam

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home