Tuesday, September 1, 2009

"Pulled "Pork".

It's quite simple and makes a lot. This is also freezer friendly. I usually make a big batch and then freeze meal size containers Pulled "Pork" 4-5 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs. Get Perdue, it's worth it, as they are leaner. 1 bottle of low sugar, low carb barbecue sauce. I use the entire bottle. 2-3 large onions diced, Place all ingredients in a Crockpot and cook 10-12 hours on low. At the end I remove about 1/2 the liquid and then I take knife and fork and shred the chicken thighs. I then add in as much of the liquid as I need to make a nice pulled pork consistency. I figure that 1 cup is about 5 points. And trust me a cup in enough to fill you up. Serve over the Arnold sandwich thins or mashed potato. It is totally yummy and you cannot tell it isn't pork!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At September 9, 2009 at 8:17 PM , Blogger wwldrpam said...

Awesome...love easy...slow cooker season is upon us!! Thanks MB
~wwldrPam

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home