Saturday, September 5, 2009

Oh No, It's The Weekend!

Are you like me? Do you do well all week long, and then you get to the weekend and suddenly you are faced with parties or barbecues or just feeling a little lazy about your cooking.

This happens to me pretty frequently and so I decided I had better think of something to do. Then it hit me. Fast is friendly!~

By this I mean, I would cook a little extra during the week and set things up for a quick and easy leftover weekend.

For instance. I might make a roasted chicken on Thursday, and save up the leftover chicken to use in a salad on Saturday at lunch. Or I might make a batch of stuffed zucchini and then reserve 2 servings for my husband and me for a Saturday night.

I love fish because usually it is quick and easy to make. Salmon and Swordfish are great on the grill, or you can use your oven and quickly bake up some Haddock. And remember scallops and shrimp make a quick stir fry.

So don't stress because it's the weekend. A little prior planning can see you through!


Labels:

1 Comments:

At September 9, 2009 at 8:22 PM , Blogger wwldrpam said...

Great Tips for all of us who often tend to "wander" on the weekends.
~wwldrPam

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home