Friday, September 11, 2009

Only Human

This summer has been a tough one for me. I've really struggled with the plan. I know what I should be eating and I know that portion control is the real key, but somehow I am tired and then I get lazy and then, well, let's just say, weigh in day isn't easy.

I almost stayed home last week just so I didn't have to face the music, but I decided to go anyway. After all. if I make that one big mistake and stay away, then all is lost.

I've learned over the last year and a half that I am not always going to lose weight. How wonderful that would be! Go each week and go down, down, down! But, that's not life, and my body has this unique way of keeping me humble!

I lose and gain and lose and gain, but as long as I am going in the general direction of my goal weight I feel that I am at least working on it.

Am I the very best little WW ever? No way. I'm human and I often totally blow it. I have learned, however, not to beat myself up when I have a bad meal, a bad day or even a bad week.

After all, I'm only human.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At September 11, 2009 at 10:44 PM , Blogger wwldrpam said...

Thank you again MB for reminding me with your words that I am not the only one who does and feels these things. I guess we are all only human. Maybe there are some aliens somewhere who do not battle these same things but I bet they have battles of their own.
~wwldrPam

 
At September 26, 2009 at 5:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know how you both feel. I'm a life member of WW and a big yo-yo one at that? We all have our bad days but we have to face them head on and move forward. Cannot look back, especially when trying to loose. I'm dreading this weeks weigh in because I've been sick and on medication. Now that'll boost your weight back up in a hurry. So I will just start over again and tha's all one can do. Wish you all the best in your weight loss challenge.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home