Monday, September 14, 2009

Julie, Julia & Maribeth

I made the mistake of going to see "Julie & Julia" on Friday. I have not been the same since. How can a devout WW member go and sit through two glorious hours of cooking with cream and butter and not walk out wanting to stop at the first gourmet restaurant, or even the dairy section of the local grocery store is beyond me! I felt ravenous!

And I wanted anything that was just plain made with butter!

I got home and stood looking at all the fresh vegetables in my fridge. Nothing slaps your face back to reality more than seeing all those vegetables, fruits and ground turkey!

Hubby joked with me about dinner. "Are we cooking with BUTTER tonight?" he asked

Yes, he is still in traction following that remark.

I raged at the Gods, who made me this food loving, slow metabolizing, female who loves all things fattening and yummy. Especially butter!

I sat down away from the fridge and started to think. I knew I could still cook, delicious meals. I can make almost all of our favorite meals simply by moderating the ingredients. I can do this!!!

So what did I make for dinner after watching "Julie & Julia"? A lighter version of Eggplant Parmesan that I'd put together the day before.

And it was good.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At October 26, 2009 at 3:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even though this is an old post.....I had to to post something and just say......I completely know what you mean!!!
I too went to see Julie and Julia with my boyfriend, and left just craving a stick of butter!!! How crazy is that??
Coming from both a food and food network fanatic...........I have had to cut those out of my life! I find it so difficult to watch the food network now, so tempting that I cant handle it!! With cooking, well being that I am new to the WW world, I'm having a hard time making the things that I love, even though I make them lighter, and not feel guilty eating them!!
This is hard!!! I know I will figure it out though and I will stick to it. I have to stick to it, cause my health is much more important to me then a 5 min temptation, or a split second craving!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home